|Tax Status:||Tax Paid|
Ipswich Suffolk UK|
VERY LOW MILEAGE, FULLY EQUIPPED FOR BLUE WATER
2002 Bruce Roberts 434 Deck Saloon, Cutter, Steel, Professionally built, Offshore and Blue Water Yacht
Currently ashore at Ipswich, UK,
This is a rare opportunity to acquire a VGC, well equipped, little used, well known blue water cruising design many of which have (and still are) circumnavigated.
Properly built in quality steel by a professional yard in the UK, "Spirit of Lindisfarne" has the attractive rounded chine rather than the angular hull seen in many sister ships.
She was designed and built to be a coded commercial training boat but, due to the first owner becoming ill, she is very low use having been stored ashore for 12 years and only lightly used in between before being recommissioned in 2018.
"Spirit of Lindisfarne" is individually Category A tested & certified for sustained offshore/ocean use. The hull was built in a yard by coded welders (they need to be coded to work on commercial vessels), she has a galvanised and insulated hull. Also professionally fitted out she has light oak spacious interior (specifically designed so that panel can be removed) with good headroom; 3 double berths, 1 en suite; with a separate 2nd shower bathroom.
This is a vert well equipped boat, there is too much to detail here but the key specification is:
Systems, tankage (all stainless, 4 diesel, 2 water), storage and back-up expected of a serious ocean cruiser. Perkins 80/120 HP (turbo kicks in at higher revs for extra power) diesel with less than 500 hrs and well maintained by a Perkins trained engineer; pilot house with internal 2nd wheel and instruments; independent Whitlock hydraulic (pilot house) and cable steering (cockpit) systems giving redundancy; ocean quality low use sails; stainless steel davits; stainless steel MOB rescue crane; Hydrovane self steering; built-in Yanmar generator (very low hours); Eberspacher D10 diesel heater (heats water which circulates to 4 blown air heaters and radiator); 24V battery bank for engine, Vetus bow thruster and Lofrans windlass; 12V house and instrument battery bank; 220/240V shore or from generator via Victron inverter/charger; 7 winches (2 new); , 120M anchor chain; Raymarine instruments, duplicated below with further navigation equipment at chart table; Garmin AIS (both receive and transmit); Navtex; forward scanning sonar; New Standard Horizon VHF DSC with cockpit RAM and speaker; quality LPG 3 burner stove with oven; microwave; chest freezer/fridge; pressurised hot and cold water, hot water tank heated by engine, Eerspacher or 240V; LED navigation lights; LED cabin lights including low level red night lights; grey and black foul water tanks with pump out to shore or sea; stern stainless gantry with radar and aerials (including spare aerials and GPS).
Full documentation including bespoke owner manual, detailed electrical wiring manual with circuit diagrams, Category A certificate, independent build report, 2003 valuation survey, build receipts and complete design/drawing package bought from Bruce Roberts in 2019.
This is a lot of boat for the sensible asking price. VAT paid (with documented proof from UK HMRC).
Located Ipswich, UK
Here's an essential summary of key features and equipment:
- Hardly used strong professionally built steel hull that has not had any incidents/repairs
- Properly coded to the highest level
- Very stable in seas, very safe to move about on deck, high safety rails and granny bars at mast
- Insulated to the waterline; Interior panels easily removable for access
- Reliable Perkins engine, 120HP < 500 hours; great access for servicing; engine serviced yearly (last serviced late 2020 and winterised)
- PRM heavy duty gearbox; prop shaft through robust thrust bearing and dripless stern gland (new 2021); new cutlass bearings (2021); 3 blade bronze propellor with rope cutter
- Twin Vetus fuel filter system with filter life gauge (easy switch over should one get blocked) (2019)
- All fuel pumped out in 2018, found to be perfectly clean and clear. Replaced through filter together with anti “diesel bug” treatment which has been used with all subsequent new fuel additions.
- Hardly used ocean quality sails (main, cutter and high cut furling genoa).
- Cutter sail self-tacks, adjusted from cockpit with own winch
- Jeckells lazyjacks and Mainmate mainsail cover system (2019)
- Lifelines from stern to bow on both sides
- Strong stainless canopy structure (with grab bar) and canvas canopy, restitched and new windows 2019
- Brand new and unused cruising cute with furling chute with new sheets (only with a full price sale)
- Hardly used Hydrovane wind steering system
- 6 cockpit winches, 2 Lewmar self-tailing (2019); at mast reefing and halyard winches
- Double helm station Whitlock cable system at hem, hydraulic system in pilot house to give redundancy
- Powerful Vetus bow-thruster
- Almost new built in Mase/Yanmar generator (21 hrs); separate starter battery
- 24V battery bank powering engine starter, bow thruster and windlass
- 12V battery bank for instruments etc (2019)
- Victron inverter/charger
- Sony DAB/FM etc radio/CD player with speakers (2019)
- 10KW Eberspacher heating through powered vents in each cabin area plus bathroom radiator and HW tank
- New (2019) LED nav and cabin lights; red night lights at low level in pilothouse, galley and chart area; LED fore and aft deck lights
- Very high quality 12/24/240V electrical wiring system, easy to locate fuses, all circuits with trip fuses; many visible meters
- Nearly new (2019) VHF/DSC (with cockpit RAM and separate speaker), Garmin AIS transceiver (2017) and Raymarine plotter (2019) with own wireless network for tablets etc in a new separate NMEA 2000 system
- Full Raymarine instrument system, triplicated at wheel, pilothouse and chart table, including wind, depth, fluxgate compass, autohelm
- Raymarine radar on substantial gantry with multiplotters at both helm positions
- Forward scanning sonar
- Weatherfax (screen data display)
- Masthead VHF aerial with other aerials and backups on gantry
- Large fuel (2 keel, 2 wing tanks) and water (2 wing) tankage all in stainless steel; electronic level guages
- 120M of very good anchor chain, 2 anchors
- Excellent powerful Lofrans windlass, takes chain and rope
- Hardly used Hydrovane wind steering system
- High quality stainless davits and separate rescue crane
- Dinghy and outboard (included with full price sale)
- High quality stainless gas cooker; extraction fan; separate 240V microwave
- 2 compartment chest freezer/fridge
- Plenty of storage in galley/dinette area; under berths and in the engine compartment; 2 deep stern deck lockers
- Large double ensuite forward cabin; Aft cabin has one double and one single berth; Dinette will convert to a double
- Separate toilet, sink and shower by aft cabin (toilet replaced 2020)
- Separate grey and black water storage tanks with ability to either pump out ashore or at sea (when permitted). Aft toilet can be set to directly flush to sea at any time.
- Pumped hot and cold water to galley and bathrooms
- 3 heavy duty automatic bilge pumps in fore/mid and aft bilge compartments
|Vessel type:||OFFSHORE AND BLUEWATER CRUISER|
|No. of engines:||1|
|Drive type:||Shaft drive|
|Length over all:||13.53m|
|Length at waterline:||12'|
|Keel type:||Fin Keel|
|Displacement:||19 metric tons|
|Dry Weight:||18 metric tons|
|Fuel capacity:||380 Litres|
|Water capacity:||380 Litres|
|Holding tank capacity:||176 Litres|
Note: Indicated location is approximate general area only.